Our Level 3 Course for Close Protection Officers gives you the qualification to work within the industry in the UK, however in reality offers so much more. This course is aimed at ex-Armed Force, Door Supervisors and Security Officers, as well as civilians wishing to enter the industry at the highest level.
The course involves:
- Law and Legislation
- Roles and Responsibilities
- Threat Assessment and Risk Management
- Venue Security Operations
- Operational Planning
- Interpersonal Skills
- Foot Drills
- Planning and Selecting Routes
- Vehicle Movement, Tactics and Operations
- Search Techniques and Procedures
- Conflict Management Techniques
During the training, you will also undertake Counter Terrorism training. On successful completion of all elements of the programme, you will receive:
- Level 3 Close Protection Certificate
- City of Westminster College Counter Terrorism Certificate.
The Level 3 qualification is required to apply for an SIA badge to work in the security industry in the UK. You will need to apply for the licence directly with the SIA. This is a separate cost.