This course is designed for beginners. No previous Spanish language experience is necessary. The course will give you confidence to speak Spanish in useful situations; especially on holiday. We will not only teach you the basics in language, but give you some insight into Spanish culture and what to expect socially from your interactions in various situations.
The course runs on Thursday evenings, 6.30-9pm.
• Greeting (formal and informal situations) asking about meaning and pronunciation of words, spelling, asking for repetition
• Introductions yourself and give personal information including the members of the family..
• Give basic information on professions and nationalities
• Count with basic numbers
• Food & Drinks basic vocabulary. Order food and drinks at Tapas-Bar
• In the restaurant - booking a table, order food and drinks from the menu, ask for more or less and ask for the bill. Request for particular type of food e.g. vegetarian food or gluten free food
• Being lost and finding your way - give and understand directions.
The lessons’ activities are guided by a communicative approach, to produce speaking communication in real situations using authentic materials. (E.g. in situations such as in the tapas bar, in the hotel). The lessons are learner-centred emphasizing the students’ skills. Students are expected to do some practice at home.
Maria Quintero is a qualified Spanish teacher with over 14 years’ experience. She uses a communicative approach and particularly enjoys engaging with students and making lessons both stimulating and productive. She considers that it is essential to identify the learners’ needs in order to give them the adequate and relevant support.
For more information and to apply
Please contact Rosa Mauger on 020 7258 7253 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.