The course runs on Thursday evenings, 6.30-8.30pm.
The course is for complete beginners, will run over ten weeks (2 hours per week). It will give you confidence to speak Spanish in useful situations; mainly for holiday; structured on effective communication. The class activities will include 4 skills: listening, speaking, reading and writing.
We will not only teach you the basics in language but give you some insight into Spanish culture and what to expect socially from your interactions in various situations.
The course will cover a variety of useful topics:
• Greeting (formal and informal situations)
• Introduce yourself; provide basic personal information about yourself and/or family in Spanish.
• Give basic information on professions and nationalities
• Count to one hundred in Spanish.
• Enquire about travel information: time, days of the week, and months of the year. Provide basic numerical information e.g. platform, gate, train/aeroplane departure & arrival times in Spanish.
• In the restaurant: order food, tapas & drinks; booking a table and ask for the bill, providing & understand basic information in Spanish.
• At the hotel: enquire about basic accommodation and facilities, booking a room in a hotel in Spanish.
• Being lost and finding your way: ask for & understand basic directions in Spanish.
The lessons’ activities are guided by a communicative approach, to produce speaking communication in real situations using authentic materials. (E.g. in situations such as in the tapas bar, in the hotel). The lessons are learner-centred emphasizing the students’ skills. Students are expected to do some practice at home.
Maria Quintero is a qualified Spanish teacher with over 14 years’ experience. She uses a communicative approach and particularly enjoys engaging with students and making lessons both stimulating and productive. She considers that it is essential to identify the learners’ needs in order to give them the adequate and relevant support.
For more information and to apply
Please contact Rosa Mauger on 020 7258 7253 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.