The course syllabus will cover the following essential and relevant elements;
- Legislation (including Risk Assessment), LOLER 1998 and Work at Heights Regulations 2005
- Principles of Lifting
- Safe Systems of Work
- Basic Rigging with Steels, Round-slings, Chain Slings and Shackles
- Slinging and Bridles
- Simple Load Calculations – Sling and Trusses
- Terminating Steel Wire Ropes
- Using Trusses
- Rigging and Operating Chain Motors
- Work at Height Using PPE (Personal Protective Equipment)
- Pre-use checks to lifting equipment and PPE
Attendees will receive course notes and additional information, as well as a numbered certificate of attendance relating to syllabus above.
On completion attendees will have:
- An appreciation for their legal duties
- A basic knowledge of how to use equipment safely in slinging and lifting operations.
- An understanding of the principles of Working at Height, including use of PPE for Work at Height
- The formulation and use of safe working practices is a theme of all our courses.
NOTE: We provide everything you require except work clothes and footwear. Safety footwear is often inappropriate when working at height; trainers or similar are preferred.
For further information and to apply
Please contact Rosa Mauger on 020 7258 7253 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.