UCG is Proud To Be…
Black History Month is an opportunity for reflection and celebration. We are all proud of something, whether that is something we’ve done or the person that we are. The theme of Black History Month UK 2021 is ‘Proud To Be,’ which invites Black and Brown individuals, families, and communities to focus on how we are all making history in our own ways.
Take a moment to think about what you are “Proud To Be” and share it with our community. We hope you’ll be inspired by what others have shared!
While Black History Month is a time to reflect on the experiences of the past and present that are often overlooked in the mainstream culture, it is also a time for celebration. In that spirit, UCG is hosting a Creative Competition and welcoming submissions from students of all ages and course areas.
The competition will run for the month of October and after all submissions have been collected, a panel of UCG tutors will judge entries and select three winners who will receive a prize! Entries will also be recognised on the UCG website.
- Any artistic entry is accepted: paintings, drawings, photographs, short stories, poems, etc.
- Visual entries can be made of any materials and should be submitted with a description of the work
- Written entries should be no more than 1000 words and can be fiction or non-fiction
- The subject matter can cover any aspect of black history, and participants are encouraged to draw on their personal experiences to inspire their work
- Virtual submissions should be sent to the Enrichment Team at firstname.lastname@example.org from your college email
- Physical submissions should be brought to the Enrichment Team in room 3NE1
- All submissions should include your name, the title of the work, and your student ID number. If you would like your submission to be anonymous or not published publicly, please note that in your email or when you drop off the piece with the Enrichment Team.
- Deadline: October 31st