Traineeships are new, exciting, flexible programmes designed to support you in developing skills that will enable you to take their first steps into employment. A Traineeship combines work experience and pre-employment training to help you successfully find a job or Apprenticeship.
A Traineeship is right for you if you are unemployed and have little or no work experience but are motivated and want to find a full-time job or apprenticeship, then our new traineeship programme could be for you.
You will get:
- Help finding appropriate work experience with a vetted employer in the sector you want to work in
- Support with work preparation including interview skills, CV writing, job applications and mock interviews with companies such as Lloyds, Marks & Spencer, British Land Lease to new but a few
- Preparation to be an Apprentice and be work ready
- English and maths training - if you don't have a GCSE grade C or above in these already
- Work-specific skills development and activities across a range of sectors including construction, retail, hospitality, IT, hairdressing, health and social care, childcare and business
- A guaranteed interview with an employer if a job role becomes available, or a reference and exit interview to give you guidance - this will help you with your future job applications and interviews
- Support and mentoring
We will do all that we can to support you to find a job or Apprenticeship training. Alternatively you may wish to progress onto a full-time College course either here at City of Westminster College or elsewhere to further develop your knowledge and skills.
You can join the programme if you are aged 16-24 and don't already have any A-levels or equivalent (16-18 year olds), or any full Level 2 qualifications (19-24 year olds).