Want to earn while you learn? An apprenticeship could be the route for you!
Apprentices earn a wage in a real job and work alongside experienced staff to gain job-specific skills. Off the job, usually on a day-release basis, you will receive training to work towards nationally recognised vocational qualifications. You will need to have a job with a contract of employment for at least 30 hours per week. If you don’t have a job and are looking for vacancies log onto the National Apprenticeship Service website www.apprenticeships.org.uk and register your details.
Apprenticeships normally take one to two years to complete depending on the level of Apprenticeship, your ability and the industry sector.
Key benefits of studying an apprenticeship include:
- Earning a salary
- Getting training in the skills employers want
- Excellent progression opportunities, whether you are looking to study further or climb the ranks within the workplace
- Increased future earning potential. Apprentices enjoy marked salary increases when they complete their training
- Better long term salary prospects (those with an Advanced Apprenticeship earn around £117,000** more than those without, over the course of their career)
- Learning at a pace suited to you with the support of a wokplace mentor
- Paid holiday
**Returns to Intermediate and low level qualifications (September 2011).
For those who don’t initially fulfil the basic criteria for entry onto a full apprenticeships scheme, City of Westminster College offers Traineeships. These pre-apprenticeships programmes are devised to develop your basic skills, knowledge and experience and prepare you for an apprenticeship. Click here for more information.
We are able to offer the following apprenticeship training and you can start at any time: